Alfred Angelo - Dress Review from Greenville, South Carolina

1.9
Ease of Use
Layout of Store

Before placing the order in January for my dress, I spoke with the seamstress about my ideas for it, her response was "oh yes, that will be easy, no big deal" so I ordered my Disney, $1500 dress with bustier and slip coming to a total of over $2000.

After this, we spoke to the seamstress about bridesmaid dresses. Long, each one with different straps. She suggested the dresses, said we could hem each one and use the additional fabric to do the 5 different straps with no issues. Each bridesmaid was there to speak with her before we placed the order. Now, Alfred Angelo gives a military discount for the bride. 30% off. But since my dress was Disney, and they can't give discounts on Disney, Joselyn (a worker there) told us we could have the discounts on the bridesmaid dresses and confirmed a total price of $147 per dress, plus alterations with all of us. So we ordered them at the end of April. When my bridesmaids went to pay, they were charged full price for the dresses. They said bridesmaids do not get the military discount. Jocelyn then looked at my bridesmaid and told her I was a liar and she never told me they could have the discount. After many conversations with different people, the discounts were given for my bridesmaids. When they went to pay again, they were told no. Apparently, someone had put the military discount on another girl's account, instead of mine. More phone conversations happen...this was finally fixed.

The bridal dress came in in May, the seamstress said "do you still want to do those alterations to your dress?" of course I do, that's why I bought that particular dress. Her response? "oh no, it's too much work and will be an extra $800 with the extra fabric" being upset, I decided to go a head with the alterations. She said to make an appointment with her in August since the wedding was in October. So I did.

The bridesmaid dresses came in and we set appointments with the seamstress for August as well.

My appointment came along and they told me the seamstress had moved and they had a new seamstress that I had to work with. After a very long conversation with her and the manager we were able to explain to her what alterations I wanted on the dress. She started my dress.

When the bridesmaid appointments came, the seamstress said they could not do straps on the dresses because there was not enough fabric. I asked what we could do and she said there was not enough time to order anything and we would have to come up with a different solution with the little bit she could get from the hem. She hemmed the dresses and put a train on all 5. After this (a few weeks before the wedding) Alfred Angelo fired her. They assured me that they were getting the original seamstress to come back and work on my dress.

A 3rd seamstress was hired. She said the last seamstress had messed up my dress and she was working hard to fix it. She fixed the hems on the bridesmaid dresses and said she could try to make straps, but there was not enough fabric for different ones and asked why I hadn't ordered some when I was told originally. Apparently there was time.

A week before the wedding, my dress was still not done. The seamstress had made the additional skirt I needed entirely too tight. And she said there was nothing she could do about the bridesmaid dresses. A worker, that knew all the issues I was having, asked why we didn't order sleeves a couple weeks before for the bridesmaid dresses and I explained we were not given that option and asked, again,  if I could place a rush order. Again, I was told no.

When I had ordered the sleeves for my bridal gown with the additional fabric, the girl told me to order a certain size for my shoulder width and I did. When the sleeves came, they told me they were too big and I would have to pay extra to take them in, I did, and the sleeves were never taken in, they actually were the correct size. Now, the additional fabric I had to order for my dress was over $200 of fabric and there was so much left over after, I was very irritated. And they kept it. I was not reimbursed for these issues.

I was able to pick up my wedding gown less than a week before the wedding and 2 of my bridesmaids were able to get their dress the day before the wedding, with the sleeve work being completely flimsy and rushed.

Needless to say. I'm contacting their corporate office about all these issues. I suggest going literally anywhere else than here.

Product or Service Mentioned: Alfred Angelo Dress.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 08, 2016.

Alfred Angelo - Flower Girl Dresses Obviously Rushed

I ordered two of the same flower girl dresses (different sizes) through the only local bridal shop that carried Alfred Angelo as I had fallen in love with a particular flower girl dress (style #6532). I paid to have the dress rushed to me as I, admittedly, waited only about 2 months before the wedding to order it (as a new bride I didn't have any idea that this should be done sooner).

Anyways, the dress not only came 5 business days late, but it also was rushed craftmanship. The outer layer of tulle which had piping was UNEVEN from the rest of the dress and sat about 2 inches below the inside of the dress- the picture shows it to be even. In addition to that the 2 inner layers of the dress were also uneven, and COMPLETELY lopsided. The back of the dress was also about 2 inches shorter than the front of the dress- again, the picture shows this all to be even.

It's as if they sewed the dress together lopsided.. And one of the dresses I received was TO THE FLOOR when it was described (and shown) AS TEA LENGTH. One of the two dresses was tea length, though uneven, the other was floor length.. So in addition to paying $140 for the dress, plus a $30 rush fee, plus a $100 rush hem I was $240 deep into this dress that was NOTHING like it was pictured to be and had no choice but to use it.

At least the other dress I ordered didn't need to be hemmed... I will NEVER recommend this manufacturer, and would actually suggest STAYING FAR FAR FAR AWAY from their dresses...

Product or Service Mentioned: Alfred Angelo Dress.

Reason of review: bad quality, delivery issue, defective, AND not as described.

I didn't like: Quality.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 02, 2016.

Alfred Angelo Bridal - Horrible, disorganized mess!

I went with Alfred Angelo for my bridesmaids' dresses because they had the color I was looking for. I bought my gown there as well because I found one I loved. That was where the trouble started. I needed extra length on my dress, but the consultant forgot to put that on the order. The manager was there, and she tried to fix it in the system, but couldn't -- she told me she would call the company to make sure they would add the extra length.

A few days went by and I didn't hear anything from the store, so I called and spoke with an associate because the manager wasn't in that day. Soon I got a call back from the store telling that the dress couldn't be ordered with extra length after all. As a stressed-out bride-to-be, that was NOT what I wanted to hear. I was on the phone with my mom telling her the situation when AA called me back to tell me "oops, j/k! You can get 3" of extra length after all!" Problem averted, sort of... but that was the first clue that these ladies were clueless.

My bridesmaids ordered separates (tops and skirts). We figured that would be easier than ordering dresses and then having to alter the bejesus out of them. Because both of the AA stores in the Pittsburgh area are royal pains in the *** to get to, I was going to pick up the outfits and take them to the bridesmaids. That meant that when we placed the order, my contact info went into the system, but not all of theirs. Perhaps that was a fatal mistake for us.

About two months after being ordered, the tops came in, but there was no word on the skirts. Two MORE months went by and there was still no word on the skirts, so I called the store to ask if anyone knew when they would be in. The associate I spoke to checked for me, and it turned out that the skirts had come in a few weeks beforehand and nobody had ever called to let us know. She apologized, saying that sometimes it happens.

Shortly after that, I got a call that my gown was in, and I told them I'd be in to pick it up that weekend.

The next day, I got a call from the store (a different associate than I'd spoken to last time) to tell me that I needed to pick up the bridesmaid skirts because they can only hold them for two weeks. I told the associate I'd only just found out that they were in, and she got bitchy with me and told me that they'd called me three times -- which they certainly had not! I told her I'd never gotten ANY phone calls about the skirts, and she made up a few random dates when she claimed she had called. She insisted that SHE was the one who handled ALL the phone calls, and she KNEW she'd called me... which was all false.

So the weekend rolled around and I went out to pick everything up. One of my bridesmaids had moved across the country since ordering her skirt and top several months beforehand, so I asked if they could ship hers to her. The associate said "sure, which ones are hers?" That was when I found out that, despite the fact that they WROTE DOWN the measurements of all of my bridesmaids, WITH THEIR NAMES, the information had never made it into their system! Apparently, because I was going to be picking up the outfits, the associate we placed our orders with had put EVERYTHING under MY name. They had no record of which sizes went with which girl! That meant that the two bridesmaids who are local had to try on the outfits AGAIN to see whose was whose -- a thoroughly unnecessary pain in the ***!

The final insult was my one bridesmaid who was from out-of-town to begin with. She ordered her dress on a visit to Pittsburgh, and I had told her I'd pay the shipping. I had told the AA associates I'd pay the shipping. I went TO THE STORE and paid for the shipping. When my bridesmaid received her outfit, it turned out they had also billed HER for shipping!

I just can't understand the frequency of the screwups we've had with this place. Had I known we would run into such a poorly organized mess, I think I just would have made the dresses myself. So if you're thinking about getting your bridal gown or bridesmaids' dresses from Alfred Angelo, make sure you have the time and money to deal with misinformation, nonexistent phone calls, and double charges. And certainly stay away from the Monroeville, PA store.

Product or Service Mentioned: Alfred Angelo Dress.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 07, 2010.